Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Do you have a Parent University at your School District? I have been a workshop presenter for the Parent University at the Redclay School District. Recently, I participated in a TV interview to promote it athttps://vimeo.com/142283440 . I've conducted a series of Parent University workshops and provided my three books to the parents who participate. My books are the Seven Secrets of How to Study, the Parents Ultimate Education Guide and the Ultimate Scholarship Guide at http://bit.ly/1wJHWaa I am passionate about helping parents with K12 students to help their children to earn A+ grades. You should start a Parent University at your school. Students perform better when parents are finding ways to improve their knowledge while their child is in school.
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Today parents are very busy and it is hard to get ready for projects. Often children will wait until the last minute to remind a parent that they have a project. Sometimes it is due to procrastination and sometimes the student forgets about the project. The key is finding system so that all projects get started early. Here are a few tips:
1. Use a daily planner to record projects
2. Create a project storage place where you keep all supplies
3. Always refill your storage place
4. Take your child with you to the store
5. Continually look for sale items and compare store prices
6. Take the project list with you when you go to the store
7. See a librarian for ideas that can make the project unique
8. Search the Internet for videos that will help with your son/daughters project
9. Organize a brainstorming session about the project
10. Make sure that the project is submitted on time
You should work with your cold to get started on project. It will cause you both less stress because you have a way that projects get started early. Feeling excited about the project will raise your child's enthusiasm. Enjoy the learning process and your projects will be fun.
Dr. Stephen Jones is an education advocate. Get his book the Parent's Ultimate Education Guide at http://bit.ly/1wJHWaa . Join my newsletter at http://bit.ly/1sVyCzs